Eight magnificent eco-designed structures where interiors and exterior combine to offer a unique glamping experience. ”
WHAT COULD be better than camping in Bali? Why glamping (glamorous camping), of course, and this site just outside of Ubud—Bali’s artistic center—merges the island’s natural beauty with modern comforts. Constructed of coconut wood and covered by a thatched roof, the suites pay homage to lumbungs, traditional rice granaries native to Bali, and the second-floor bedrooms overlook terraced rice fields. If you get restless, Ubud’s art galleries, as well as the lotus ponds and shadow puppet performances at the Royal Palace, are just a short bike ride away through the hills. For a more rugged ride, cycling down Mount Batur, a nearby volcano, is thrilling. The less athletic will find a drink at the camp bar, carved out of lava rock, thrilling enough.
The Sandat offers accommodation in a combination of traditional Balinese Lumbung villas and luxurious Glamping tents, filled with Italian designer touches. The Glamping site offers 8 luxury eco-design structures that allow you to enjoy the exotic charm of unspoiled places favouring the contact with the nature.
- 5 magnificent Luxury-Tents Safari Style – camouflaged in the nature (including 2 suites) with a structure in a resistant khaki color cotton fabric.
- 3 Eco-Lumbung Typical local buildings originally intended to storage the rice and here converted into charming homes structured on 2 levels.
With private pools, delicious food and proximity to the arts centre of Ubud, Sandat Glamping is an amazing destination for a limited number of guests keen to not only discover Bali – but to connect with the local area, people and environment.
The Glamping Sandat offers exclusive hospitality to a limited number of guests. The peace and calm, that reign over the rice fields, make this place enchanting. Unusual, refined and elegant environments where east and west blend together in sophisticated and original details under the direction of an unmistakable Italian style. Environments that offer wellness, giving the sensation of sleeping under the stars, in symbiosis with the explosive nature that surround them.
The amazing central structure, inspired by the criteria of the most modern bio-architecture, is high up to 10mt. It was realized by local expert who have used the bamboo to create an innovative and spectacular atmosphere.
What to know:
- The central structure is home to:The bar area, with its giant lava stone from the north of the island.
- Relaxing area with large sofas and armchairs, table to play backgammon and a well stocked library.
- The breakfast area where master a trunk section of 26,25 feet long.
- Swimming Pool just for the guests of the Lumbung.
- Good for Large Groups
- Camp Fires Allowed
- Rate: tents are $380; the Legong Suite is $470
Connect with nature without giving up the comfort and luxury of fine and sophisticated furnishings..