Get ready to escape from the stresses and strains of everyday life and enjoy the tranquility above and below the waves on Aiduma Island with Triton Bay Divers! While staying in this secluded resort, actually the only one in the area, be one of the few to dive amazing Triton Bay area with incredible wildlife diversity.
Triton Bay Divers opened at the end of February 2015 and has 6 spacious individual beach-front Guest Bungalows. We are the first and only resort in the area, and the region is only visited by a handful of liveaboards that come once or twice a season for a few days.
Passing the resort’s kitchen your nostrils will for sure catch on some delicious smells coming from fresh prepared food awaiting to be served on your plate. You can relax in an airy dining area enjoying the views with a cup of coffee, tea or just a glass of water in your hand. Soft drinks and beer are available for surcharge. If you prefer something a bit stronger, pack with you before arrival, since most of alcohol and spirits are not permitted in this part of Papua.
A diver’s paradise. There are more than 30 known dive sites around Triton Bay, and possibly just as many yet to be discovered. There is the opportunity to see everything from Whale Sharks to Pygmy Seahorses. The region is already known for its beautiful soft coral as well as the walking shark, and a spectacular species of Flasher Wrasse discovered here and in Misool. Diving season is mid September to early June and water temperature averages around 28 Celsius, however it can dip to 24C around end of May early June and in the early part of the season.
Currently there is no phone signal but they do have limited internet connectivity. Electricity will be available between 6:30 am and 11:00 pm daily. Free, scheduled transfer between the resort and the airport is on Saturdays. Non-scheduled transfers will be available at additional charge.
There are shallow protected bays suitable for visiting yachts. If you desire to explore beyond underwater realm of Indonesia, we can tailor your trip to include land extensions that will unveil the wildlife, culture or history of this magical land.
- Triton Bay Divers is located on Aiduma Island, 30 nautical miles from the town of Kaimana in the Indonesian province of West Papua.
- Journey time from Kaimana to Aiduma is approximately 90mins by speed boat.
- Currently the best route to Triton Bay is to fly via Jakarta (transit Ambon) to Kaimana (KNG), West Papua. But is is also possible to travel from Bali.
- If traveling from Sorong, there are currently flights three times a week via FakFak and everyday via Ambon. Please note Lion regularly change their schedules so best to check with the airline directly.
- Lion/Batik/Wings Air is currently the only airline servicing this route.
For more information and reservation write email@example.com